We are still experiencing delays from certain manufacturers and distributors.

Expected lead times are currently 5 - 21 days.

Silencers / Suppressors FAQ | How to buy a suppressor

How to buy a silencer supressor for sale supressor online silencerco osprey for sale

In the summer of 2015, Minnesota congressional bill HF1434 was signed into law. This effectively removes the ban on silencers (aka "suppressors") in Minnesota as of July 1st, 2015.

A year later, on July 13 2016, ATF Ruling 41F went into affect changing how transfers to trusts and corporations are handled. Details on how that changes the application process for trusts can be found in the summary article "How Does Final Rule 41F Change Current NFA Regulations."

Suppressors are still classified as NFA items under the National Firearms Act of 1934. This means that there are additional regulations related to the purchase and transfer of these "Title II" items.

An excellent summary of the history and purchasing process can be found on SilencerCo's website: https://silencerco.com/education/

One of the requirements for a licensed dealer to sell NFA items is that they must pay a Special Occupational Tax (SOT). There are several types of SOT, but the one that applies to gun stores is a "Class 3." In order to buy a suppressor, you will need to do so through a licensed dealer (FFL) that has paid the Class 3 SOT. Arnzen Arms is a Class 3 dealer and can deal in Title II NFA items such as suppressors, and short barrel rifles (SBR's).

We will be allowed to sell suppressors starting July 1st, 2015. Please review the following FAQ for answers to common questions:

Q. How do I buy a suppressor?
A. Please read the aforementioned information on SilencerCo's website https://silencerco.com/education/

Q. What brands will you carry at Arnzen Arms?
A. We will likely stock popular silencers from Dead Air Armament, Gemtech, SureFire, Sig Sauer, AAC, SilencerCo, and ThunderBeast. Other manufacturers, such as YHM, or Tactical Solutions, will be available via special ordering.

Q. How much does it cost?
A. In addition to the cost of the suppressor ($500+ for a good one), you are required to pay a $200 Tax with the submission of the ATF Form 4. Most people also will set up a trust that will cost at least $100 in legal fees.

Q. How long will it take?
A. If we have the item in stock, it will take 6-8 months for the ATF to approve the Form 4. If it is a special order, the distributor or manufacturer will have to file a Form 3 with the ATF prior to shipping it to us, which takes an additional 6-10 wks.

Q. When can I start my Form 4?
A. The Form 4 can be filed as soon as the item is on-hand to allow physical verification of the serial number.

Q. Do you recommend filing the Form 4 as an individual, trust, or corporation?
A. There are pros and cons to each. The most common and flexible is the Gun Trust. More information can be found here.

Q. Who do you recommend for setting up an NFA trust?
A. We are currently recommending: Ben Rust Law PLLC at http://minnesotaguntrustlawyer.com

Q. When do I pay for the item if I have to wait several months for the paperwork?
A. We will require payment for the item when the Form 4 is submitted. It will sit in our safe until the ATF responds.

Q. Will you do transfers from another dealer?
A. Yes. We charge $75 for NFA transfers. There is an additional $50 fee for fingerprinting for transfers.

Q. Will silencers and SBR's be available on the web site?
A. We will have our inventory and prices on the web site. We will only allow purchases for in store pick up or transfer to another NFA dealer.